The Gently Worn Programme
We proudly launched our Gently Worn programme in March 2021. Our objective has been to create a trusted market place for the buying & selling of previously owned & gently used Eva's Sunday garments. Also falling under this category are garments from our design archive, garments from our product development process and garments used for photo shoots.
We are thrilled to offer a selection of Eva's Sunday garments in perfect condition that have had a gentle first life and are looking for a new home. You can purchase with confidence knowing that all garments we offer for sale have met very strict criteria. Read on!
BUYING GENTLY WORN GARMENTS
Our gently worn garments are available to purchase in the following ways:
(1) On our website We publish a new collection of garments every couple of weeks. To be kept informed of new listings simply subscribe to our email (you will find a subscribe box at the bottom of our home page).
(2) In our stores Our Beechworth store (from Sat 15th July) & Fitzroy store each have a rack of selected gently worn garments. These racks are topped up regularly. The garments in our stores are not the garments listed on our website.
(3) Via direct customer request If you are looking for a specific garment and size please feel free to text that request to Kerri-Ann in Customer Care on +61 472 730 424. We will contact you if it becomes available.
Please note that discount codes cannot be applied to the purchase of Gently Worn garments.
We don't tend to receive as many large & extra large garments back into the Gently Worn programme as we do extra small, small & medium - this is why we do not have the same volume available to sell as we have in smaller sizes. For this reason, what we do have available in larger sizes gets snapped up very quickly. We do apologise for any disappointment.
Gently Worn Returns
You may return a Gently Worn purchase within our 14 day time limit. Refunds will not be issued on Gently Worn returns. You will receive a gift voucher or you may exchange your purchase for another Gently Worn garment or other full priced stock. Please note that all exchanges are then deemed as final.
SELLING YOUR GENTLY WORN GARMENTS
To be eligible for the gently worn programme garments must meet strict criteria. If you are considering sending us garments, please use this criteria as a checklist:
Procedure for sending us your gently worn garments:
1. Email your garment details (style name, fabric name & size) plus garment images to Kerri-Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for pre-approval before sending your package. Please ensure that all of the garments you are sending to us meet the eligibility criteria as described above.
2. Post your garments to Eva's Sunday Gently Worn | 15/95 Victoria Street | Fitzroy 3065 | Victoria Australia. Put your name, address & mobile on the outside of the package.
It is advisable to get tracking on your package so you can monitor its progress. We will send you a text message to confirm that your package has arrived at our studio.
If it is convenient you are welcome to drop your approved garments off at the Eva's Sunday Fitzroy Store, 277 Brunswick St Fitzroy. Make sure the garments are in a bag and attach your name, mobile & email.
We cannot process your gift voucher on the spot in our store. Processing is done in the studio and will take up to 5 business days. Unfortunately we cannot accept Gently Worn garments at our Beechworth store.
3. Once your garments arrive at our studio they are closely inspected to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria listed above. Garments which do not meet the criteria cannot be returned to you (unless you have included a return post pack). The fabric will be repurposed or appropriately recycled.
If we conclude that any garments require laundering (often due to perfume & other fragrances) a $10 fee per garment will be deducted from your gift voucher value. If the internal garment labels need to be replaced or buttons sewn on this also attracts a $10 fee per garment.
4. You will receive a gift voucher for 40% of the estimated selling price of the approved garments less any laundry or small repair fees. The gift voucher is emailed to you once the garments are approved. You do not need to wait for your garments to sell.
5. Your gift voucher can be used in our 2 stores, over the phone or online at any time. The expiry period is 3 years.
6. As a general guideline, pre owned garments that meet our strict criteria sell for approximately 50% of their original RRP. Development or production samples sell for approximately 80% of their estimated RRP as these garments are essentially brand new.
7. From time to time we might lower the selling price, remove the item and re-list the item as appropriate to the market conditions.
8. We are unable to tell you when your garments will be listed for sale due to the high volume we are processing. Your garments may not all sell at the same time.